We Bring Medical Waste Management
into the 21st Century.
Since 1992, Colorado Medical Waste has provided medical waste disposal service to generators along Colorado’s Front Range. In March 2014, we introduced ozone processing to Colorado at our facility in Aurora where we turn medical waste into confetti!
Our knowledgeable and service-oriented staff make our customers our first priority.
Leading the industry
We are the only sustainable facility in the state and are on the forefront of environmental stewardship to reduce the carbon footprint of healthcare and medical waste. We are a local, minority, woman owned, small business and industry experts. Combining 25 years of industry experience, award winning service, cutting edge technologies and sustainable processes, we offer value added service and the most environmental means of processing medical waste to date. Local and national recognition reflect our values and commitment to our customers, to public health and the environment.
Our Sustainable Technologies and Processes:
- Eliminate the public health effects and environmental contamination of antiquated heat and energy intensive systems
- Conserve valuable resources, natural gas and water
- Use electricity for our industrial shredder and ozone generator which create ozone from and reverts back to simple oxygen
- Reduces waste volume by 90% with “ZERO” emissions
- Is 100 times more effective than steam killing infectious pathogens, virus and bacteria
- Is an eco-friendly alternative to toxic incineration
Our proprietary ozone processor
An Award Winning Company
Colorado Medical Waste and our Owner/CEO have won multiple awards for innovation, sustainability and customer service. Some of these awards include:
- Colorado Medical Waste Owner/CEO Named To Bizwomen 2016 National Women To Watch List
- Denver Business Journal Special Edition Features Outstanding Women in Business- Small Business Winner, Beverly Hanstrom
- Colorado Medical Waste Named 2016 Colorado Companies to Watch Winner
- Colorado Medical Waste Owner Selected for National Stewardship Action Council Board
- Colorado Medical Waste Owner Graduates from SBA 2015 Emerging Leaders Program
- Beverly Hanstrom Receives 2015 Sustainability Award – Small Business Leadership Summit, Washington DC
- Colorado Medical Waste Receives Environmental Sustainability Award from the City of Aurora
- Beverly Hanstrom Receives “Women in Business Making a Difference” Award 2015 and 2014 from the Aurora Chamber of Commerce.
- Colorado Medical Waste Receives BBB Gold Star Service Award 2008-2015
- See details on our awards and achievements
"Clean air, water and land are not a birthright, they're our responsibility. Burying and burning waste are antiquated practices that have come with serious consequences. It's time for change. We must implement change by teaching sustainability at all levels of academic curriculum and implementing in business and our daily lives. Do your part and make responsible decisions for the waste you generate. The quality of life ultimately depends on the health of our planet. Our future is worth the fight!"
- Beverly Hanstrom, CEO/Owner